Saturday 14 June 2014

A CITO at Glen Lake

Well here I am still trying to catch up in all the things that have happened this year.  I have been finding it difficult to get all that has happened into this blog, as there has been so much going on.  But I am trying, and I thank every one of you for staying with me.

This blog is a short one about a CITO that took place on June 14, 2014 at Glen Lake Beach.  I grew up out in this area, and I have ridden my bike here many times in my youth.  I have to tell you, it sure has changed.. And I would say for the better.  There are some wonderful little gardens and a nice little patch of vegetation that lines a little ditch/tributary.  This ditch/tributary was the focus of this CITO, as there have been a number of invasive plant species that have taken root here.

Before the CITO began there was a quick Farmer's themed Flash Mob at the entrance to the park.  We all gathered here for a quick picture holding our pitchforks, spades and other tools while dressed in farmer/cowboy hats, plaid, denim, and gumboots.  Once that was complete it was on to the task at hand.

There was a nice sized group for this event, and it was a good thing since there was so many plants to tackle.
I wish I was able to name some of the plants we were to remove, but sadly their names have eluded me.

After a good hour we all packed it in and headed back to the park gates where we partook at some very yummy cookies made by Mrs. Cache Crop, and some refreshing lemonade!

After some cache chat, solving a nearby new mystery cache, and discovering/moving some trackables we all headed on our way.  And this opens the way to another adventure and blog from this very same weekend.

Nice to see everyone again, and thanks to Cache Crop for hosting this great event!






No comments:

Post a Comment