Monday 3 June 2013

Best Geocaching Day Ever!!!!

As you my readers know, I had a tragic accident with my GPSr on June 1st while out at East Sooke Park.
This event had deeply impacted me, really it was like loosing a friend.  Many of you sent me condolences on Facebook and over text message.  And I thank all of you for your well wishes.

But only some of you know, my grieving period was a short one.  And someone special in my life came to my rescue!   Thanks to my Dad (Postie Bear), I am now the proud owner of a Garmin Oregon 450.
He was very upset that I had broken my 550, so he went out of his way to give me just one more Birthday present.  And I am sooooo thankful for this most gracious gift!



I was so happy that I rushed to The Source and bought two new Micro SD cards for it, and a new Invisible Shield screen protector from Landsharkz.  Helen at Landsharkz was awesome and gave me a new Making Tracks neck lanyard for the unit so that I don't drop it again, thanks Helen!!

I rushed home and set it up, but installing the new screen protector means no use for 24hrs so you don't get fluffys and dust under it!

But like I said in the title, this is a geocaching day.  So this is not all about me getting my new unit!
Today I also teamed up with a pair of cachers I had not really done any caching with before.  This was cameracowgirl and the Mrs. from The Incredibles.  We headed to a location in behind Thetis Lake, one that I had been to before with Magicman65 and his wife Angelcheeks.

We had a fantastic time going through here.  There is a ton of variable terrain, and the cache hides for the most part were quality.  On this day I got only 2 finds to their 8~9 finds, but it isn't about the numbers so much as it is about the adventure and how it is shared with friends.  And I count my lucky stars for having such wonderful people in my life to share in the adventure of geocaching.

Thank you cameracowgirl and The Incredibles for such a nice day out.

And a SUPER HUGE THANK YOU to my dad Postie Bear for putting a new GPSr into my hands, you are the BEST!




No comments:

Post a Comment